I don’t know about you, but sometimes my regular trip to the grocery store feels like such a drain and can be time consuming if it’s crowded.
I was pumped when Door to Door Organics emailed me about trying their service that just started delivering in Wisconsin.
With this service you can choose to receive a box of produce weekly or bi-weekly. You can pick the size and the variety of produce (fruit/veggies/both). They also have lots of other grocery items. Meats, dairy, pantry items, snacks, and they provide a lot of locally made options, which I love.
For my first order, I chose a mixed produce box (fruits & veggies) and local coffee, crackers, cheese, and sliced turkey.
Initially, my first two concerns were the condition of the produce since it was being delivered and the pricing (it’s the accountant in me). When I got my order the produce was gorgeous and in great condition. You can see it in my photo above.
Next, I did a quick price comparison with a local grocery store that sells organic produce. The produce was slightly less expensive at the grocery store and the grand total comparison of everything I ordered was $5 less at the grocery store. I thought the convenience of delivery made up for the difference.
A few other highlights I like about Door to Door Organics:
- No commitment or long-term contract, start and quit whenever you need!
- Everything is customizable. Skip a week, change your produce box size and type, swap out items, set preferences, change your delivery day, and more.
- No delivery fee. Nothing irritates me more than “hidden” fees so I was excited to check out with no extra fee added to my bill.
- They pick up the packaging from your previous order (This really impressed me – they recycle for you!)
I’ve gotten a few more orders and will continue using the service for fresh produce or for busy weeks to help save myself some time.
Now that you’ve read all of my thoughts – how would you like to give it a try?! Door to Door Organics is giving my readers a discount code to try out the service.
Click here to get $10 off your first order.
In addition, I’m giving away THREE $50 gift certificates! Read below to find out how to enter:
- Leave a comment sharing the type(s) of recipes (meals, sides, type of cuisine, etc) you would like to see more of.
- Click here and leave your name and email address.
Door to Door Organics delivers to several other states so be sure and check if they deliver in your area. The giveaway will close Sunday March 30th at 10:00pm CDT. I will email the winners Monday March 31st. Please respond within 48 hours to claim your prize. Also, please note I will not be announcing the winners on the blog, just via email to the winners.
I received credit from Door to Door Organics to try out their service but this post reflects my genuine opinion of the service.